Mount Saint Vincent University recently hosted a workshop connecting over 70 participants from various sectors across Nova Scotia, allowing them to share and learn from each others stories about the strategies and challenges they’ve faced in the journey of procuring fresh, healthy, locally produced and sustainable foods within institutions. The Harvest Report includes the stories that were shared, and key themes discussed in and around these stories, as well as steps moving forward. The Harvest Report is an important read for anyone facing challenges in ensuring their institutional procurement practices are centred around sustainability and wellness for the community as a whole. Click the link below for access!
- Poverty in Nova Scotia — not in our name! Vince Calderhead on the budget and the election
- Report Launch: Sharing back what we heard
- Can Nova Scotians Eat Healthy? Launch of the 2015 Report on Participatory Food Costing
- Pathways to Healthy, Local and Sustainable Food in our Institutions: Harvest Report 2017
- Pathways to Healthy, Local and Sustainable Food in Our Institutions – An interactive workshop