Championing Public Health Nutrition, 2010
The Centre for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) is pleased to announce that registration is now open for:
Championing Public Health Nutrition 2010
October 25-26, 2010
Canadian Museum of Nature
What: CSPI’s national conference, “Championing Public Health Nutrition 2010,” exploring leading edge developments in nutrition science and policy, the economic and public finance aspects of diet-related disease, sodium reduction, nutrition labelling on restaurant menus, school nutrition, child protection, national initiatives to coordinate food policies and strategies, public policy advocacy, and much more!
Who: Scientists, policy-makers, public health and child advocates, and journalists. Championing Public Health Nutrition 2010 is a “must-attend” event for federal, provincial or municipal policy-makers, health researchers, health journalists, nutrition-promoters, child and health advocates, educators, and anyone concerned about the diets of Canadians!
When: October 25-26, 2010
Where: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada at the newly renovated historic Canadian Museum of Nature, home to the Parliament of Canada from 1916-1920.
Why: We will explore ways to prevent diet-related cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancers, and obesity, and enjoy the fruits of increased economic productivity and reduced health care costs often wasted when governments rely too much on expensive medications and operations after we get sick.
Some of the nearly three dozen speakers include:
- NEW Francesco Branca, M.D., Director of Nutrition for Health and Development, World Health Organization
- Graham MacGregor, M.D. Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of London and Chairman of World Action on Salt and Health (WASH).
- Kirsten Bibbins-Domingo, PhD, MD, MAS, Associate Professor of Medicine and of Epidemiology and Biostatistics at the University of California, San Francisco
- Mary R. L’Abbé, Ph.D. Chair of the Department of Nutritional Sciences at the University of Toronto, member of the World Health Organization’s new Nutrition Guidance Advisory Group, and former Director, Bureau of Nutritional Sciences at Health Canada
- France Gélinas, Ontario Member of Provincial Parliament (Nickel Belt) and sponsor of Bill 90, Healthy Decisions for Healthy Eating Act, 2010
- Phillip Leslie, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Economics and Strategic Management, Stanford University
- Hasan Hutchinson, Ph.D, N.D., Director General, Office of Nutrition Policy and Promotion, Health Canada, Ottawa
To register, please visit the website here.