Evaluating Outcomes of Community Food Actions: Webinar 1 – A Dialogue
Wednesday, January 29th, 2014 at 1:00pm EST
You are invited to join the upcoming webinar entitled “Evaluating Outcomes of Community Food Actions: Webinar 1 – A Dialogue”, the first in a 2-part series co-hosted by the Chronic Disease Prevention Alliance of Canada (CDPAC), the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), and the First Nations and Inuit Branch of Health Canada.
This webinar provides and opportunity for learning, dialogue and exchange about ‘what works’ in food security evaluation, and will highlight the resource entitled “Evaluating Outcomes of Community Food Actions: A Guide” (the Guide), developed by PHAC, in collaboration with Health Canada. Participants will hear from and ask questions to expert speakers on a range of issues – topics include:
1. An introduction to evaluation of food security initiatives;
2. An overview of the resource entitled, “Evaluating Outcomes of Community Food Actions: A Guide” (the Guide);
3. Introduction to Community Food Centres Canada, including their food security evaluation initiatives and resources (more…);
4. Discussion of ‘what works’ across initiatives, groups, and settings.
- Deepthi Jayatilaka, BSc, BSW, MPA
- Kerry Robinson, PhD – Manager, Interventions & Knowledge Mobilization, Centre for Chronic Disease Prevention, Public Health Agency of Canada
- Tammy Horne, PhD – WellQuest Consulting Ltd., Adjunct Associate Professor, School of Public Health (Health Promotion), University of Alberta
- Trace MacKay, PhD – Interim Research & Evaluation Manager, Community Food Centres Canada
To view archived webinars, please visit www.cdpac.ca