The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website and/or its associated services.
The FoodARC website does not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, or email address. This information is only obtained if you provide it voluntarily, through contacting us via email, through an online form or using the social sharing buttons.
When voluntarily providing information via e-mail or through an online form on the FoodARC website, we will only use your personal information for the stated purposes for which it was collected, unless you provide consent otherwise. Your personal information will only be disclosed to or accessed by FoodARC employees (or designated representative) with a need to know in relation to the purposes for which it was collected.
FoodARC will not sell or rent your personal information to any third parties. Google Analytics and social sharing buttons may collect more information than is described here and may have additional privacy requirements – See Google Analytics below for more information.
If you provide FoodARC with your mailing address online, you may receive periodic mailings or e-mails from us with information about new programs or upcoming events, if you give permission to be contacted. See ‘Opt-Out’ below for instructions on how to stop such correspondence and refer to the MailChimp section below for more information.
- Monitor website usage and improve the operation and performance of our website to make them easier and more convenient to use; for example, cookies help us remember who you are through your browser settings so that we can offer and provide more personalized services (e.g., language preference).
- Save passwords and preferences for you so that you will not have to re-enter them the next time you visit a website. Registered members need a cookie to be able to log in. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- Allow visitors to leave a comment on a blog/news post.
- Measure aggregate user traffic and demographic statistics related to the website (e.g., number of users, average time spent, average age and similar statistics). This information helps us to better understand when to update, change or offer new services.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. We will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Allow Make Food Members to save a personalized list or bookmarks and rating of resources tools.
FoodARC uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. FoodARC uses this information to help make our website more useful to our audiences by learning about the number of visitors and by monitoring traffic patterns and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about specific individuals and their visits.
This analytics measurement tool uses “session” and “persistent” cookies to collect standard Internet log information and to track visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer and expire two years after your last visit to our website. The information generated by the cookies about your use of the website (including the first nine digits of your IP address) is transmitted to Google. No personal, identifying information is recorded or provided to Google. This anonymous information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. The aggregate data and statistical reports are used only to help us make our site more useful to visitors and are made available only to website managers and other designated staff who require this information to perform their duties.
FoodARC uses MailChimp to manage and distribute emails, as part of a subscription service for updates and news about our activities. When you subscribe to the email subscription service, the information you provide is accessible only by FoodARC employees (or designated representatives) and MailChimp. Please refer to MailChimp Privacy Policies, which outlines how your information is stored and accessed, and used by MailChimp as part of its services independently of FoodARC.
We and/or our Information Service Provider(s) (ISP) may log IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our website and protect against potential Internet-based attacks on our or their facilities. While we do not link IP addresses to anything that is personally identifiable, these logs capture aggregate, generic, non-personal identifying information about visitors such as:
- The Internet domain and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address from which you access our websites;
- The type of browser and operating system used;
- The date and time you access our websites;
- The uniform resource locator (URL) of the pages you visit;
- If you linked to one of our websites from another website, the address of that website; and
- Your general geographic location.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment or fill out the general contact form, the form data and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize, approve and follow-up automatically. All comments and general contact form data is regularly deleted from the web servers.
For users that register on our website we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments or questions, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comment or form submissions may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
FoodARC uses MailChimp as a service for managing subscription services. Participants in FoodARC subscription services who no longer wish to receive such information can opt out by clicking the “Unsubscribe” option at the bottom of email correspondence sent by FoodARC. At any time, subscribers may review, update or delete their submitted personally identifiable information by clicking “update subscription preferences” at the bottom of email correspondence sent by FoodARC, which will redirect you to the MailChimp website.
You will have control over the accuracy and completeness of information you provide. In order to respond to your questions, comments or requests, we request that you provide sufficient information to ensure that our response reaches you.
This website contains links to other websites pertaining to our partners, organizations that complement our philosophy or those sites we feel generally add value to your visit to our site. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of personal information. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this web site.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We welcome and value critique of, and dialogue about, our website, our programs and our opinions as expressed in web-based and printed materials. If you have questions or concerns regarding the privacy or confidentiality of personal information, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
The importance of security for all personally identifiable information associated with our website visitors is of utmost concern to us. FoodARC’s employs security plugins, monitoring and other secure practices and methods to protect users and website data.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, FoodARC can’t ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
|1. Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute Privacy section.|
|2. AHPRC’s Privacy/Copyright section.|